Trusted Cedar Roofing Services in Spokane, WA
Our roofing specialists will keep you covered!
- A+ BBB Rating
- 5-Year Workmanship Warranty
- Insurance Process Experts
Top-Rated Cedar Roofing Professionals in Spokane, WA
If you’re looking for a unique and attractive roof for your home, cedar roofing is your answer. They are quite durable against pests, wind, and storms but need to be properly installed and maintained to ensure their longevity.
Rocky Mountain Exteriors is Spokane, WA’s trusted roofing company committed to helping our customers get the most out of their roofs. Our crew is knowledgeable and experienced with installing cedar roofs in varying climates and can guide you through the entire process. If you are still weighing the pros and cons, let us be a resource in making the best decision for your home.
Call us today to schedule a free consultation. Other roof types, such as asphalt shingle roofing and metal roofing, are also a specialty of Rocky Mountain Exteriors.
Types of Cedar Roofs We Install
The two most common types of cedar roofing is cedar shakes and cedar shingles. They are both made out of cedar but have slightly different qualities that will result in a different look for your home.
Cedar Shake Roofing
Cedar shake roofing is cut by hand, giving every piece a unique shape and feel. Because each shape is cut individually, you will get lots of variance in the pieces, resulting in a more rustic look on your home. It is crucial to have a professional roofer install your cedar shakes because of the varying shapes and sizes. Otherwise, any misalignment can cause premature roof leaks and damage to your home’s foundation.
Cedar Shingle Roofing
Cedar cut shingles are cut by machines so that every shingle is uniform. As the labor to manufacture these shingles is less intensive, cedar shingles are less expensive than cedar shakes. You will also get a cleaner look across your roof. Just like cedar shakes, cedar shingles are lightweight, weather-resistant, and naturally insulating for your home.
Need help deciding whether you should use cedar shake or cedar shingles? Call our experienced team today.
The Pros and Cons of Cedar Roofing
When making your selection about the type of cedar roofing to fit your needs, there will be pros and cons. We have broken down the list for you:
Pros of Cedar Roofing
- Eco-Friendly: Cedar roofing material is not only 100% biodegradable, but it is also incredibly energy-efficient. It insulates your home while still allowing it to breathe, saving you money on heating and cooling costs.
- Durable: Cedar roofing lasts up to 30 years, which is longer than a standard asphalt shingle roof
- Unique: Cedar roofs are like no other. They add charm to your home that is otherwise impossible to achieve with other roofing types.
Cons of Cedar Roofing
- Drying Issues: As cedar roofing materials are made from trees, they are more prone to drying out. That means your home is more susceptible to fire damage, cracking, and pest issues.
- Expensive: Cedar roofing is not the most expensive roofing option, but it is still considered an investment for your home compared to asphalt shingles.
- Maintenance: Cedar roofs require a bit more maintenance than other roofing types because of their natural quality. But our team can help ensure that your roof is always in tip-top shape!
Cedar Roof FAQs
What is it made from?
Does it cost more than regular asphalt shingles?
How many years will a cedar roof last?
Are you ready to improve your home’s curb appeal and value? Then let’s start by upgrading your roof! Our roofing specialists would love to go over the best cedar roofing options that will align with your vision and budget. Give us a call today for a free consultation to get started!